Tuesday, August 27

Surfside Beach Trip

 
This past weekend Michael and I headed to Surfside beach for a much needed get away.
Of course our vacation wasn't much different then a normal day.
I woke up at 6 and had my energy drink on the porch (except this porch had an ocean view).
 
 
Not long after that Michael woke up and we just sat on the porch and took everything in.
Once I felt awake I decided what better way to start the day then  go on run.
 
 
I never ran on a beach before. It was actually a little tough. I kept trying to run where the sand was hard but would have to swerve so the waves wouldn't hit me.
I also faced a ton of "creeks".
I have no clue what they are but they were everywhere.
They were just wide enough where I couldn't jump over it.
Typically I just run through creeks.
But... I was wearing my new road shoes and didn't want to get them wet.
I want to keep them fresh for the marathon.
So I literally stood there deliberating if I should take the dive or turn around.
 
 
Of course I took the dive and completely soaked my feet.
Around 3 miles I turned to see if I could see Michael and I didn't so I decided to turn back. I eventually saw him but poor guy. Jogging, walking...its just not his thing.
 
After he saw me he let out a huge sigh of relief. He looked tortured. Luckily, we both agreed the beach was a bitch challenge so we headed to my stomping ground, the streets. 
 
I ended up walking with Michael the rest of the way back.
 
 
 I think he appreciated it.
 
After that we showered up and hit the board walk and ate this.
 
 
Coconut Gelato with Coconut Shavings
 
You just don't know y'all...
 
I just found out after 20 something years that I am no longer allergic to coconut so this was a total experience. 
Totally made the trip worth while.
yummm.
 
I so miss the down time, the beach and that gelato, especially that gelato.
 
So how was your weekend? Did you get a run in? Try any new foods?
 

4 comments:

  1. I got a great run in with my friends and a bike ride too :)

    Beach looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a bike sooooo bad! We keep talking about getting one! The beach was amazing and I wish we could have stayed longer. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish we could do a vacation, we haven't been anywhere for a long time. But we have other things that we have to do first..blah..being an adult stinks sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. I hear ya! When you do get a break you and V will relish it :)

    ReplyDelete